Saturday, May 19, 2012

$9, popcorn, slurpee and a pizza...

Soooo a girlfriend and I went out to the Saturday market in our town today which was completely alright but what i said I was going to buy and actually bought is where the problem comes in... I told the bf that I was going to the Saturday market to get some vegetables but while I was there I didn't see any veggies that I really wanted so I ended up not getting any. Instead by friend and I shared a bag of popcorn $3.00... well not the whole bag maybe a cup or so of it I would say...

After that we were very thirsty so we went to the 7-11 and got some slurpees, mine was $1.39.

Then we headed over to the goodwill outlet store to JUST LOOK AROUND. I was just wanting to show it to my friend but while we were there she ended up finding some really good deals on some amazing clothes, abocrombie, hollister, and american eagle... My looking around ended up getting me 3 nice sweaters,  a pea coat looking thing, and 2 long sleeve shirts for only $9.32!!!!! WHAT A DEAL right?

Then on the way home we stopped and picked up a little ceasers pizza and split the cost so $2.50 each.

So all in all I spent $3.00+$1.39+$9.32+2.50=$16.21... but he had given me $14 to go to the market so I just used that money in other places... and all of those clothes bought new would have cost me about $200!

I called him when I got home after my friend left and asked him if I could buy some stuff at goodwill but he couldn't really talk much because he was working and the dog was running into the road. I didn't really get an answer out of him other than him asking me to come pick up our dog.

When I got to where he was working I asked him "what if I already bought the stuff at goodwill."

He said "You would be in trouble for wasting money and not asking...."

 Now after writing all of this I am starting to feel a bit guilty...  I can see his point now.. he gave me money for veggies and I spent it on clothes.. I should have just asked... He would have probably said ok... but now instead I am just in trouble...

3 comments:

  1. Yeah - we have that rule too - but mine kind of works opposite - he gives me me money & I'll spend it on the house or him or the kids, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see before DD he used to just give me a monthly allowance but now I have to ask before buying pretty much anything except for gas, groceries, or other necessities. I wish we could go back to me having a monthly allowance it would be harder to get in trouble lol

      Delete
  2. Wow! That's a great deal on all those clothes for under 10 BUCKS! But I can also see where he'd want you to ask first since the money was spent elsewhere. Hopefully he'll be a little easy on you since it's not like you splurged or went crazy!

    ReplyDelete